Community is at the heart of Pulteney Grammar School, and we are deeply committed to fostering close, authentic relationships with parents, Old Scholars and the wider community.
In this, Pulteney’s 175th year, the School’s legacy of so many is their spirit of altruism and being part of something greater than themselves. Philanthropic opportunities will continue to play a vital role in our capacity to improve access to high quality education and to provide the very best learning and teaching environment possible.
Your support to Pulteney via The Pulteney Foundation can significantly boost the School’s ability to innovate and build for the future. We invite you to join us in honouring the past, making an immediate impact and leave an intergenerational legacy.
Why give to The Pulteney Foundation?
We are grateful for the generosity of our parents, Old Scholars, staff, students and friends of the School who support our vision now and in the future.
As an independent, not-for-profit school, Pulteney relies primarily on tuition fees to sustain its programs and facilities. However, in order to make improvements and implement transformative new approaches, the School welcomes additional financial support in the form of donations, sponsorship, in-kind support and more.
School fees alone do not provide the capital needed to shape the future of Pulteney and as an independent school, we rely on community support to help fund our amazing programs, teachers and learning spaces.
Benefits of your support
- Greater access and diversity: your gift can support our scholarship program to enable students who may not otherwise be able to attend Pulteney, leading to a more diverse student group.
- Exceptional learning environments: the generosity of donors supports the development of outstanding facilities and upgrades to existing facilities.
- Stability and flexibility: gifts ensure Pulteney has financial security now and into the future, enabling us to pursue new priorities while maintaining the standard of education we offer students today.
Every gift is important to us
- Pulteney is a registered not-for-profit organisation, and as such, reinvests all income into our staff, resources and facilities.
- The School receives limited Government funding which is used to pay for day-to-day operations.
- The primary source of funding for teaching salaries comes from school fees.
- Parent contributions to the building fund help provide ongoing capital works.
- Our Parents and Friends and other special interest groups also assist in funding some special programs and opportunities for students and smaller asset purchases such as the arts and rowing.
- Donations over $2 are tax deductible in Australia
About The Pulteney Foundation
The Pulteney Foundation was formed to enhance the excellent educational programs for which Pulteney has become renowned since its inception in 1847.
The goal of The Pulteney Foundation is to support the long-term financial security and independence of Pulteney Grammar School, and assisting the School in realising major projects and initiatives critical to the ongoing success of each child’s learning experience at the School.
Through the establishment of large, self-perpetuating capital funds, The Pulteney Foundation supports the School with a strong and permanent financial base, ultimately ensuring its financial independence all the while ensuring a vibrant learning environment is provided within great facilities. In addition to supporting the School’s financial security and major developments on campus, philanthropic funds also contribute towards student scholarships and bursaries.
Most importantly, The Foundation acts as custodian and mentor of the keen sense of community and collegiality that exists at Pulteney.
The Board of the Pulteney Foundation:
Ken Hall – Chair
Ryan Bamford – Deputy Chair
Mark Bourchier – Director
To strengthen the educational experience we offer today and ensure new generations can rely on these same and even greater opportunities, Pulteney relies on the much appreciated tradition of community support.
Ways to give
We recognise that personal philanthropic interests vary. There are many ways in which you can make a contribution to the future of Pulteney Grammar School.
Through the auspices of The Pulteney Foundation, you can choose to contribute to Pulteney via annual giving, leaving a bequest or gift in your Will, supporting capital campaigns, attending fundraising events, making a one-off donation or supporting scholarship and sponsorship programs.
Your support in any of these initiatives further weaves the rich tapestry that is Pulteney’s history and enhances the learning experiences of our students.
You can make a secure online donation today.