Pulteney is delighted to present students with the opportunity to be involved in the School’s conservation initiative in 2016: Conservation Corp. The Corp has been running for many years, and students have had countless experiences learning and participating in activities beyond the classroom.
The Conservation Corp is a co-curricular that requires regular input and attendance, both during and outside of school hours, and involves a wide variety of conservation practices and learning opportunities.
Benefits of participating in the Conservation Corp include:
- Humanitarian understanding.
- Global Citizenship.
- Personal and cultural development.
- A conservation focus to daily life.
- Exposure to the complexities of conservation in today’s society.
- Building scientific and geographical knowledge of Australia and other countries.
- Collaboratively and working together with peers, Pulteney teachers and other members of the School community.
- Exposure to careers in conservation and eco-tourism.
- Opportunities for students to take personal responsibility and contribute as ambassadors for conservation.
For further information regarding Conservation Corp, please contact Jayme Wearn.
"Must we always teach our children with books? Let them look at the mountains and the stars up above. Let them look at the beauty of the waters and the trees and flowers on earth. They will then begin to think, and to think is the beginning of a real education." – David Polis