From the Principal
Yesterday, the Premier provided an update on the recent outbreak of confirmed coronavirus cases as part of what has been termed the Parafield Cluster. Information regarding places deemed at risk can be found HERE.
Whilst stressing that schools remain open, the Premier announced a set of directives and advice whilst contact tracing and testing continues. Further advice is expected in the coming 24 to 48 hours. At present, the focus of the restrictions is on the potential to gather rather than the need to move. The School will be adopting all directives as they apply and following the intention of restricting gatherings where it able to exercise an abundance of caution.
In accordance with the advice and directives provided, the School has made the following immediate decisions:
- Cease all sport and co-curricular activities effective from midnight tonight
- Close the Pulteney Fit morning gym service
- Postpone the Traffic Management Information evening scheduled for 16 November
- Postpone the Kurrajong Information Session scheduled for 16 November
- Postpone all excursions scheduled the following fortnight 16 – 27 November pending further advice
- Cancel Year 3 Camp scheduled for 19 - 20 November
- Close the Quad Café for the following fortnight
- Year 12 Parents and Friends Farewell Parent Dinner, at this point in time, will also have to be postponed pending further advice and directive.
- Year 10 and 11 examinations which are due to commence this Thursday, at this point in time, will continue as planned pending further advice or directive by SA Health and the Premier.
It is with great disappointment that I must also confirm The Adelaide Town Hall have advised that they have closed for functions, effective immediately, and therefore the Kurrajong Christmas Concert scheduled for 18 November will be postponed while alternative arrangements are made. Similarly, the Cathedral have also confirmed that the Carols service scheduled for Tuesday 24 November will be unable to proceed as planned and the School will seek to hold a revised event on site if possible later in the term.
At the time of writing the School has been unable to confirm arrangements with the Convention Centre regarding Pulteney Celebrates. Should need require, an alternative event has been planned and information regarding this will be provided once further advice is available.
Consistent with the focus on reducing gatherings, could I please request that parents and caregivers continue to minimise their time on the school grounds following drop off and collection. I also understand that a number of class end of year functions have been scheduled and would ask that strict attention be paid to revised directives regarding gatherings that limit occupancies at restaurants and cafes, and visitors to the home to 10 people.
I will be writing to the School community regularly and for the foreseeable future as further information is provided.