Year 9 Camp 2020
On Wednesday last week we held a Year 9 Camp Parent Information evening in Wyatt Hall. It was well attended and began with a welcome from me, followed by a presentation on Experiential Learning and why we value the camp experience from Steven McCulloch, Head of Student Wellbeing, who was speaking on behalf of our Coordinator of Experiential Learning, Mr Dan Polkinghorne, who was unable to attend the evening. Clayton Shaw from OEG then spoke about the camp logistics and directed parents to the OEG website where all the information that is needed can be acquired.
Some points for parents to note and to attend to:
- The Year 9 camp is to be held in the Wilpena Pound region of the Flinders Ranges this term in Week 9.
- Students are required to meet at school by 7.30am on Monday 14 September for an 8.00am departure, meeting in the school quad. Students will return to school at 5.00pm on Friday 18 September.
- The OEG website can be accessed OEG website http://www.oeg.edu.au . To access click on LOG IN enter Pulteney Grammar School and use the password ‘Explore’. When you have entered the website, click on Year 9, then click on ‘Learn More’. From here parents can access the program, the clothing and equipment checklist etc.
- Parents need to add their child’s medical information into Caremonkey. Parents should have received an email from the CareMonkey system. Please feel free to contact The Outdoor Education Group CareMonkey team if you have any questions, concerns or feedback, via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the CareMonkey website for more information: www.caremonkey.com.
- If there are reasons for concern about your child attending this camp, please contact me or your child’s Head of House to discuss.
- To indicate your consent for your child to attend this camp please click here to complete the consent form.
Further information regarding the camp will be provided to parents in the coming weeks in the PRW so please look carefully in this weekly newsletter.
Our Year 9 students had a presentation from OEG last week and should be aware of the website and how to access the relevant information. Each week we will be working with the Year 9s to ensure they are well-prepared for the camp.
Head of Middle School