Year 6 to 7 Transition Evening
Year 6 Parents Introduction to the Middle School Evening
As the 2020 school year progresses rapidly, Year 6 students and parents begin thinking about the next important stage of school life at Pulteney.
To help make the transition from Year 6 to Year 7 as smooth and comprehensive as possible, a transition program has been set in place for current Year 6 students. A number of these plans will be undertaken this term and include:
- Tours of the Middle School building for the Year 6 classes,
- Year 6 classes having some of their lessons in the Middle School,
- Year 6s participating in a House meeting with their House in the Middle School and
- A Q&A session with Middle School House Prefects
Our Transition/Orientation Day is planned to be held in Term 4 on Friday 13 November. Further information about this day will be provided to parents closer to the event.
In order for parents to gain further insight into Year 7 and the Middle School, you are invited to attend a Year 6 Parent Information Evening. The evening will involve
- Hearing from students about their experience making the transition from Prep to Middle School
- Key people presenting information regarding the purpose of Middle School and how we function,
- A tour of the Middle School
- A session with your child’s Head of House outlining the Middle School pastoral care House structure.
- An outline of further information on our plans for the transition program for our Year 6s moving into Yr 7.
- Concluding with drinks and the opportunity for parents to mingle and ask further questions of the staff attending.
This evening will be held this term on Wednesday 26 August 2020, commencing at 6.30pm. Please note that this is a parent information evening and we are not expecting student attendance.
Depending on the numbers of parents attending we may hold the initial ‘information sharing’ aspect of the evening in Wyatt Hall before parents are guided to their child’s future House rooms in the Middle School building.
To help us determine the numbers of people attending, can you please click here to indicate your attendance by no later than Friday 21 August.
I look forward to meeting and sharing with you the next exciting phase of your child’s education at Pulteney.
Head of Middle School