Up-coming Middle School Events
In the Middle School we also have a number of events happening:
- The Year 9 Camp is being held in Week 9 of this term and we have an Information night for parents on Wednesday 19 August. Please refer to last week’s PRW as information about the camp was provided in last week’s issue.
- Our Year 8 camp is in Week 3, Term 4 and we will be having a Parent Information evening for Year 8 parents toward the end of this term.
- Our Year 8 students are participating in the Healthy Minds Program and each week parents are being sent information (via the PRW) that hopefully will promote discussion at home on the Healthy Minds concepts.
For STEAM week in Week 4 we have:
- a cardiology research scientist Ayla Hoogendoorn talking to our Year 9 students
- Our Year 8s are participating in the World of Maths activities and
- Our Year 9 girls will be participating in a HerTechPath session.
Also, do not forget that this week each House is hosting a parent get together coffee morning in the Sam Leaker courtyard at the back of Wheaton House, so if you can make it on your House’s day, then please join us. Flyers for the coffee morning are here.
Head of Middle School
Year 9 Hahndorf Excursion
To complement our German Cultural Studies, the Year 9 German students will take part in a full day excursion to Hahndorf in Week 10, on Wednesday 23 September 2020. The excursion will focus on German settlement in Hahndorf, as this historic township has much to offer in the way of evidence of the life and culture of Australia’s early German settlers.
Our German students will work in groups of 3-4 to find places of cultural significance and fill out questionnaires about what they see and learn. The group will travel to Hahndorf by bus at approximately 9.00am and return by 3.15pm. Students are required to be dressed in full school uniform.
Each student will be responsible on excursion day, for the cost of their lunch. While students are welcome to bring their own lunch, we encourage them to participate in our traditional German lunch at the Hahndorf Inn. The lunch option will be pre-ordered for students, and cost individuals between $18 - $21 pending their selection from the set menu. To assist us with making a successful reservation, please click here to indicate if you wish your child to take part in the German lunch.
Please contact us should you have any questions.
Learning Area Leader, Languages Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Simpson-Smith Elizabeth.email@example.com
Olivia Chapple Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org