Middle and Senior Sports Day Information
SENIOR SCHOOL SPORTS DAY (Year 7 – Year 12)
Parents and friends are invited to join our Middle and Senior School students as they compete for House glory at the 2021 Senior School Sports Day on Thursday 4 March. The ‘In It to Win It’ program offers a range of activities in which students can represent their House, be physically active and have fun in a more relaxed and participatory atmosphere, whilst the ‘Championship’ program will offer selected students the opportunity to compete in the traditional and highly competitive program. No doubt we will witness some amazing athletics performances, complete with records being broken.
Please find below important information about the day for all Middle and one ninety students
Years 7 - 12
Sports Day is a compulsory event for all students. Years 7 – 12 students are encouraged to participate in either the Championship program (if selected) or the ‘In It to Win It’ program – there are multiple events that suit everyone.
Students must arrive at their House marquee by 8.30am on Vaughton Oval (Park 20). Students are to report to their House marquee, where their name will be ticked off a list by staff. Sports Day will officially begin at 8.50am with a short ceremony. For the duration of the day, students are not permitted to leave the Parklands without permission from a Head of House. Toilets will be available on site at the event.
What students need to wear:
- Students wear their House t-shirt, Pulteney sports shorts and white socks. Appropriate footwear must be worn during all events and spikes can be borrowed from the Sports Department. Students are asked to approach the Sports Department before Sports Day (not on the day) if they do wish to organise spikes).
- Students must wear a hat for the duration of the day.
- Students are asked to apply sunscreen before arriving at Sports Day and to reapply sunscreen throughout the day. Sunscreen will be available in each House marquee.
- Prior to coming to school, students can apply coloured zinc cream and colour their hair to reflect their House colours. Please note, these products should not be brought to school for safety reasons.
What students need to bring:
- Students should bring recess and lunch in a cool bag/ There will not be access to the canteen on Sports Day, although students can purchase food and beverages from the Parents & Friends food stall.
- A NAMED drink bottle of water will be essential on the day and water stations will be available for students to refill their drink bottles.
Students will be dismissed for the day from Vaughton Oval at the conclusion of the event (3.30pm).
Extreme (hot/wet) weather
Any decision to postpone the event will be made at 8.30am on Thursday 4 March. Should the program be postponed or interrupted, children will go to classes to resume normal lessons until 3.30pm.
Car park access can be found at the Gilles Street Car Park on the corner of Gilles Street and King William Street.
It is the responsibility of parents, visitors and staff to check in using the School’s QR code, which will be displayed at the Sports Day event. COVID Marshalls and an additional spectator pavilion will assist with social distancing at Sports Day. Spectators are welcome to bring their own chairs, picnic rugs and food. Additional food and drinks will be available for purchase from the Parents & Friends of Pulteney marquee throughout the morning. Further information will be provided to parents in the lead up to Sports Day.
Thank you for your support and we hope you can join us for an enjoyable day of sporting activities.
Acting Head of Sports