Co-Curricular Sport Nominations Year 7-11
In order to facilitate more effective planning, coach recruitment, the booking of external facilities, transport logistics, competition entry and not least continuing to strive to provide an optimal experience for students, we are moving to a bi-annual sports nomination process.
Nomination for summer sports and activities will now occur in Term 3 and winter nominations in Term 1. Students will be asked to nominate for a primary sport and, if they wish, a secondary sport and they must be cognizant of the following guidelines which look primarily to support student wellbeing:
- Ensure you understand the required commitment for each sport by checking the practice and match schedule carefully. You may wish to speak to the Sports Coordinators or Program Managers to ensure you have clarity and we are here to help you get the best out of the opportunities at Pulteney.
- Cross reference your sport choices with any other co-curricular commitments, e.g. performing arts, music, debating to ensure there are no conflicts.
- Nominate a ‘Primary Summer Sport’ and if desired a ‘Secondary Summer Sport’ or enter ‘None’ on the online form.
- A confirmation email will be sent to parents/caregivers confirming student nomination choices. There is nothing further to do unless parents/caregivers do not support their child’s chosen nomination and wish to withdraw them. In this instance an email is to be sent to email@example.com
- If a student has not nominated for a sport/activity that their parents/caregivers wish them to participate in, again an email is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Nominations 2019 – 2020
In Week 5 of Term 3 students in Years 7 – 11 will nominate for their summer sports. As has been the previous practice in cricket, all summer sport seasons are now considered to run from Term 4 in the current year (2019) through to Term 1 of the following year (2020). While a student’s team might change during this period as they enter a different year level, their sport will not. This includes the following sports: cricket, volleyball, basketball (girls), softball, tennis and rowing.
Nominations will also be asked for activities that run only in Term 1, 2020: archery, athletics, and swimming (Aikido TBC).
Winter Nominations 2020
In Week 5 of Term 1 2020 students in Year 7 – 12 will nominate for their winter sports. The winter sport season runs throughout Terms 2 and 3. This includes the following sports: football, netball, soccer, volleyball (Junior League and National squads), basketball (boys), hockey, cross country, winter rowing and fencing (Aikido TBC).
In the weeks prior to both nomination dates students and their families will be provided with a range of information regarding the sports available, the practice and game schedule, the expected commitment to each sport and activity, details regarding coaching, competitions entered, uniform requirements and leadership opportunities in sport.