National Youth Science Forum
Applications are now open for the National Youth Science Forum Year 12 Program and close on 31 May. The NYSF is a 12-day residential program designed to give students a broader understanding of the diverse study and career options available in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and to encourage continued studies in these fields. At the NYSF Year 12 Program run in January each year, participants will:
- visit science and technology related laboratories and facilities,
- go on site tours,
- listen to lectures,
- take part in workshops,
- go to social events, and
- participate in group activities that improve communication and presentation skills.
Participants also take part in sessions on entrepreneurship, critical thinking, how to work together effectively, and more. The focus is not solely on academic achievements, but on developing well-rounded individuals who have the skills and confidence to determine their futures.
To apply for the NYSF Year 12 program, you must:
- be in year 11 in the year you apply, to attend the following January,
- be an Australian citizen or resident, and/or studying full-time in an Australian high school, and
- be considering pursuing a university degree at an Australian university to study science, engineering, technology, or a related discipline.
In 2020, there will be three separate sessions running for the NYSF Year 12 Program with the following locations and dates. Each session has places for up to 200 students. Successfully selected students are not necessarily allocated a session in their home state.
Session A: Wednesday 1 to Sunday 12 January – CANBERRA
Session B: Wednesday 8 to Sunday 19 January – BRISBANE
Session C: Wednesday 15 to Sunday 26 January – CANBERRA
For more information please visit https://www.nysf.edu.au/programs/year-12-program/, or speak with Mrs. Sharon Pearce
Learning Area Leader - Science