From the Chaplain
Wellbeing is at the heart of this community and it begins with our staff…
Nurturing and caring for ourselves is key to our spiritual, emotional and mental wellbeing.
In our Chapel services and wellbeing lessons, we seek to teach, model and encourage all students to find healthy practices that will assist them with their self-care.
This year I had the privilege of leading a staff retreat day at Nunyara Belair.
During this day, staff had the opportunity to participate in yoga classes, a meditative walk to Belair National Park and creatively engage with variety of reflection papers, which enabled staff to have space and time to spiritually, emotionally and mentally prepare for the year ahead. I have included one of the reflection papers from this day as you might like to take some time out from the busyness of your life to spiritually, emotionally and mentally prepare for the coming year.
Blessings on the year ahead. If I can be of support to you or your family in the coming year please don’t hesitate to contact me.
A New Year Reflection
The following questions have been provided as a guide. You may choose to reflect upon all of the questions or ponder the questions that speak to you the most or you might like to journal , draw or mind map your own thoughts and hopes for the coming year.
Settle in to a comfortable space.
- Take time to look back over the past year.
- List your accomplishments/highlights and the things you are thankful for.
- List any concerns that you are bringing with you into this coming year.
Turn your mind to the coming year…
- If you were to name your new year journey, what would it be?
- What excites you about the new school year?
- Can you sense any resistance within you?
- Are there any practices or patterns of behavior that you would like to change to help make the new year journey more successful?
- Of what are you most afraid as you enter this new year?
- What is your greatest need for the coming year?
- What gifts do you bring with you into the year before you?
- How will you nurture and care for yourself this year?
- Who do you bring with you for your support and strength?
- What is your prayer for the coming year?
Fundraiser for Term 1
This term our senior and middle school student leaders will be organising fundraisers to support those affected by the bushfires in South Australia. Our first fundraiser will be a pancake lunch to mark the beginning of the Season of Lent. Other events are still in the brainstorming phase but we hope to raise $3000. The funds will be donated prior to our fundraiser so that the monies can be allocated to emergency restoration projects.