Stage 1 - Middle School
The first stage of the Master Plan is the planning, design and construction of a new Middle School. This is an important development enabling a contemporary curriculum and integrated learning where technology connects student-directed activity in a dynamic and interactive manner.
Where will the new Middle School be built?
The new facility is being built on the site of the former Memorial Building, which was demolished during the 16/17 Christmas holidays.
How long will construction of the new Middle School take?
It is anticipated the new Middle School will be completed in mid-2018.
Mossop Construction & Interiors was appointed builder of Pulteney’s new Middle School in May 2017, with preliminary groundworks occurring from May – June. The first major construction began in early July.
Current or upcoming works:
• Scaffolding to commence to build formwork and steel reinforcement to 2nd floor slab and columns
• Demolition of Osmond St cottages
• Refurbishment of the ‘Factory’ into STEM lab and resource centre
• Modular buildings on site to rehouse Middle School students
• Symonds Place demolition works
• New Middle School site preparation, including installation of fencing and site huts
• Earthworks – 50 concrete piles, 6m deep & 600mm in diameter, with steel reinforcement
• Footings and trenches excavated and lined
• Reinforcing steel placed into trenches
• Underground boring for placement of electrical mains and connection of power
• Concrete poured for trenches and subsequently for the slab
• Tilt up precast walls placed
• First floor concrete slab poured