Parents and Friends of Pulteney
Welcome to the Parents and Friends of Pulteney (P&FP), where parents are an important part of their children’s education, and the wider School community. Pulteney is a city school that prides itself in providing a welcoming community environment for all parents and friends.
Statement of Purpose
The Parents and Friends of Pulteney exists to bring together all members of the School community for mutual benefit.
We grow and support the community through:
• building relationships and friendships across the School;
• providing a representative voice;
• organising and hosting key events;
• raising funds for student focussed projects;
• liaising with all bodies in the Pulteney community; and
• proving an annual scholarship.
Members of the Parents and Friends of Pulteney are drawn from the broad Pulteney Grammar School community to include: current and past parents, grandparents and care givers, current and past staff, and extended family members of current and past students. Existing parents and staff are automatically members, and other friends are invited to make their interest known to the Management Committee.
An Executive Management Committee of the P&FP is elected by members at the AGM in November of each year. The 2017/18 committee are:
Peter Neuhaus (President)
Peter has been involved with the P&FP since first child began in ELC in 2006, and now has two girls at Pulteney in Years 7 and 10.
Sandy Sexton (Secretary)
Sandy has been involved with the Pulteney community since 1998, and her three children have now graduated from Pulteney.
Jeff Goehr (Treasurer)
Jeff has been involved with the P&FP for 5 years, and has one child at Pulteney in Year 10 and one who graduated in 2017.
Herve moved from France in 2013, joined the Pulteney community in 2015 and has 2 daughters in Year 1 and Year 3.
Sue has been a Pulteney parents since 2007, with two children having graduated and one in Year 10.
Brenton is a Pulteney Old Scholar (1981-83) and has two sons at Pulteney in Years 9 and 11.
Marissa has been involved with the Pulteney Community since 2004, and currently has one son in Year 10.
2018-19 P&FP Meeting Dates:
|AGM Thursday 8 November 2018 (to consider annual reports and elect the Management Committee)|
|Thursday 15 November 2018|
|Thursday 31 January 2019|
|March 2019 - TBA|
|May 2019 - TBA|
|June 2019 - TBA|
All members of the community are welcome to attend management committee meetings and participate in discussions. Meetings are held in Allan Wheaton House.
2018-19 Events include:
|Quad Cafe||Friday mornings 8am-9am||Wyatt Hall (Terms 1 & 4) and Kurrajong (Terms 3 & 4)|
|P&FP AGM||Thursday 8 November 2018||Allan Wheaton House|
|Yr 12 Completion Dinner||Sunday 2 December 2018||The Pavilion|
|Families Picnic in the Park||March 2019 (date TBA)|
|Families Movie Day||Saturday 6 April 2019, 3pm-6pm||Capri Theatre|
|Long Lunch||August 2019||Pulteney Grammar School|
Other P&FP Activities
- Support to Parent Ambassadors who welcome and host new families to the School.
- Support to Class Representatives who organise class level functions.
- Provide financial support to the ‘Artist in Residence’ Program to bring inspiring people to our students in performing and visual arts.
- Second Hand Text Books – the Parents and Friends have paid the subscription to Sustainable Books so all Pulteney families can sell or buy second-hand textbooks. This is a national website used by hundreds of schools, but also facilitating Pulteney to Pulteney trading.
- Sporting Goods Trading Tables – 12/13 April and 28/29 September 2019.
Please consider being an active member of the Pulteney Community - the time commitment is not onerous. For more information on how you can help, speak to the current President Peter Neuhaus, one of the other Management Committee members, or Mark Bourchier (8216 5504) in the Community Relations Office.
Previous Meeting Minutes > TBC
Allan Wheaton Paving Project
A unique opportunity to have your name permanently engraved on a paver around Allan Wheaton House. We invite Old Collegians, families and friends of Pulteney Grammar School to purchase a paver.
To order a your paver click here